- By Rick Steves: Second edition, 284 pages.
- After 25 seasons of close-to-the-ground travel through Europe, Rick Steves has learned which Spanish words and phrases are important for independent travelers — and which ones are worthless outside of four-star hotels. This pocket-sized volume is packed with practical words and phrases designed to help you build yourself a better trip.
- You’ll find key Spanish words and phrases covering:
- Travel by train and/or car
- Shopping, money, entertainment
- Sleeping, eating, sightseeing
- Travel talk, making friends, health, love, naughty words
- Portuguese tongue twisters and gestures
- Wait, there’s more:
- A detailed Spanish-English and English-Spanish traveler’s dictionary
- More pages, but thinner paper for better “pocketability”
- Instructions for using Spanish telephones
- A multi-page Spanish menu decoder
- Maps to aid in conversations
- Phrases for reserving a room by phone
- Enough words for a meaningful discussion of life, politics and social issues with your new Spanish-speaking friends.